Saturday, October 11, 2008

Halloween thoughts, and maybe other thoughts.

Well, this has been my Halloween costume idea for the last three years, but I haven't been able to make it happen (not that it's an incredibly difficult costume to put together or anything):


The hardest part about this one was finding a great burlap sack. This was solved after going to the bank one morning to get change for work; for whatever reason they gave me the change in just such a sack. I'm not going to question it.
The rest I can get at Jo-Ann Fabrics and Amazon.com.


You get the idea.

Anyway, in other Halloween/October-related news (really, to me, Halloween is really a month-long affair), I've finally finalized the list for the annual 12-hour horror movie marathon I put together each year:

  1. The Monster Squad (1987)
  2. The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920)
  3. Horror of Dracula (1958)
  4. Onibaba (1964)
  5. Blood and Black Lace (1964)
  6. I Drink Your Blood (1970)
  7. A Bucket of Blood (1959)
  8. Blood Feast (1963)
  9. The Beyond (1981)
Should be a blast this year, especially. It'll be a smaller, more intimate group than it's been the last few years. Big groups have really ended up in it being kind of a drag, with people coming and going and doing other things.

I'm looking forward to the rest of this month. I needed a refresher, and I got it (a week out of this town, staying with family, then friends). I'm feeling better now, despite some extremely worrying financial problems.
I'm hoping to see some of my best friends tomorrow, and my little nephew.

Things finally seem to be getting back on track, and I can't even begin to describe how good it feels.

And how appropriate it is that it should be this month, my favorite of all months.

Additionally, click here to read a great Halloween-related blog post by my friend Scott. He argues that the coveted giraffe costume is quite possibly the best Halloween costume ever.
And he's right.

No comments: